Monday, March 3, 2014

Being the real man

It's a man thing that we do the things we want to do, in our own ways, in our own time, on our own. We don't want anyone dictating us what to do, and no one can stop us because we are the KING!

But being a man is far different from being a REAL man.

I used to be the man who depends on no one even before in my college days. I used to go to places whenever I wanted, drink as much as I thought I could handle, and party as hard as I could. I also thought that I was brave enough breaking rules such as driving as far as Nueva Vizcaya without a driver's license.

But those were the days. Having a family of your own changes everything.

Most of us may agree when I say fathers should be the provider of his family. But for me, it goes far beyond that. Specially today that many men consider themselves to be fulfilling their duties by just giving money to their wife then he becomes the KING of the home-doing things he wanna do, saying whatever he wants to say. It's like I pay you, you shut up! It lowers the standard of fatherhood.

The real men should say, if I am the KING, my wife is the ACE, (you'll get this if you are playing pusoy or tong its). I treat my wife as my ACE. I don't just give her may income, I also cook for her, I massage her feet, I even wash her undies sometimes. I give her a hug when she's breastfeeding, I clean our bathroom, every night we pray together, I tell her how much I love her. That's the least I can do to ease her motherhood hassles. The point is, fathers should be the REAL man for your their wives.

Doing these things will not degrade your testosterone level. Love should be accompanied by service and sacrifice. Specially now that our baby Kaitlin is here. Don't be just the man of the family, be the REAL man.

But don't get me wrong. Doing such tasks sometimes exhaust me to a point that by sexy body gives up. But what makes me very satisfied with my life now is my energy is not wasted to unimportant things like what I used to do before.

REAL men should know how to change the baby's diaper with poop. Real men can carry their babies for several hours just to make his babe feel better...can dance like a fool just to bring delight to the baby's small face...can sing even though we don't know what the song lyrics are...can take care of their babies even if your head is aching. We, the real men of the house, should strive to be a superhero father, a man whom the mother and baby can trust.

Service and sacrifice everyday, be the REAL man in every way.








1 comment: