Monday, March 3, 2014

Don't mess with the breast

Warning: what you are about to read is a man's point of view about breasts. Readers discretion is advised specially if you are a lady. (But I suggest you give it a try. Somehow you'll be laughing at this.)

In my younger years, I sooooooo love women's breast. Those round, firm, tight, bouncing things in front of those ladies make my eyes move on his own, like having their own mind. They also make the guys' neck stretch like giraffes'. And if you watched the movie Exorcist where the one who was possessed by devil rotates her head 360 degrees? Well, we can also do that.

When I and my dude friends talk about celebrity women, breast size is surely not forgotten. For us, the bigger yet firm breasts tell the level of the yumminess of a lady. But there are some that are satisfied with just a handful.

But right after my wife gave birth, my understanding of women's body also changed like it was born again in new and more mature way.

All mommies out there who breastfeed their babies specially those who strive not to use any expensive formula in the market is more than a superhero for me. And that includes my wife.

Just two days after my wife gave birth to baby Kaitlin, her nipple was already bleeding, I may not feel it but I knew what she was feeling was an excruciating pain because every time Kaitlin was latching, my wife was always on the verge of crying. After her maternity leave, I thought that giving a formula milk to our baby was more convenient. But she insisted that she can provide our baby's milk even she is working. Every day she pumps milk at work and stocks the milk in the freezer. ....!@#$%^&*() ..... Ooooops! Just got startled with my wife again. Baby Kaitlin is now fond of biting her nipples.

Pain is a part of breastfeeding, but this is nothing compared to the magic of breastfeeding. Babies can connect mysteriously to their mom when they're latched. They communicate with their mom that no father can imitate or even explain. I even tried to stick the bottom of the feeding bottle to my chest, imitating my wife's position and then I looked at my baby's eyes. When she looked back at me, I knew it was not the way she stares at her mom when she feeds from her.



Some even thought that we were just being thrifty when we refuse to buy formula milk. If only they knew what the benefits of breast milk are. Oh yes, I did my own research. I even read the posts in my wife's Facebook account under her group of Breastfeeding Pinays where they share their experiences and knowledge about breast feeding. And guess what, they talk too much about breasts.

Women's breast is far more than just for man's satisfaction. It is life giving and life saving form of love for their babies. Even though they suffer from pain and bleeding, they still give whatever they can. It's a kind of sacrifice only moms can do. So I don't think no man should ever mess up with women's breast.

Breastfeeding in public places is encouraged now, and this is also my appeal to all the men out there. All we can do to support this is to make women comfortable with it. We must be amazed with their connection with their babies and not just to the breasts. And to my new superhero wife and other breastfeeding mommies out there, there maybe perverts, but don't let these monkeys stop you from doing a noble thing (I was also a monkey before). You may bleed, feel more pain and be taken for granted. But because you can love like no other man can, be proud. Be the mommy superheroes.




No comments:

Post a Comment